Functions of the Unit
The Legal Services Unit is a specialized unit under the Director General/CEO’s office.
- Drafting/Vetting of legal documents
- Provide advisory services to all the Departments/Units of the Agency;
- Proffer legal opinions;
- Legal research and dissemination of legal information to the Agency on aspects of law important to the mandate of the Agency;
- Promote compliance with the rule of law and due process
- Keep abreast of legislative changes and ensure that the programs of the Agency is in uniformity with existing laws, rules and regulations and that they comply with existing global legal framework;
- Participate in negotiations and in other agreement conclusions and dispute settlement procedures;
- Legal representations
- Any other duties as incidental to the above or as may be assigned to it, from time to time.