The Press and Public Relations Unit (PPRU) is one of the units of the National Agency for the Great Green Wall.
The Unit is charged with the responsibility of improving, protecting and projecting the image of the Agency in the eyes of the public. It is also to counteract negative reporting as well as track media coverage’s of all activities of the NAGGW programme.
To design a communication programme that will enhance greater awareness and active participation of all relevant stakeholders.
To create a communication work plan that will boost mutual understanding and goodwill between the Agency, its departments, Units, key stakeholders and the general public.
- Promote good public relations and project a positive image of the NAGGW
- Handle Media queries
- Liaising with Journalists and other media contacts or media Agencies locally and internationally for effective communication, as well as counteracting negative reporting
- Issuing of press releases/ feature articles to relevant media organizations
- Packaging of publicity programmes/activities of each department unit to keep tabs of all activities of the Agency
- Organizing press conferences
- Monitoring of news on different platforms relating to GGW and the Agency
- Supervising press interviews
- Issuing and placement of all advertisements of the Agency
- Daily newspapers analysis from relevant news items relating to the Agency
- Coverage of all NAGGW activities
Functions of the unit
- To oversee the daily running of the Unit
- Reports directly to the Director General
- Brief the DG on daily media reports, broadcast and public commentaries
- Liaising with the various departments/Units and members of the media on behalf of the ministry/Agency
- Initiating all special reports, documentary supplements, jingles Radio/TV and other arms of Public Relations, Internal/External
- In charge of Press Briefing, Seminars, Conferences, workshop and press coverage
- Co-coordinating press entourage of the DG’s tours
- In charge of adverts/publications in all print/electronic media
- Issues Press releases
- Monitoring Media News Reports
- Other Assignments as directed by the DG