The Information & Corporate Communication Unit is under the direct supervision of the Director-General. The functions of the Unit are:
- Formulate and articulate a dynamic strategy for achieving effective Media and Public Relations positions in the Agency.
- Responsible for projecting the programmes, policies, plans and activities of the Ministry through Press Releases/ Statements, Press Conferences, Features Articles, Pamphlets, Brochures, Posters, Films/Photos, Journals and Public Lectures.
- Provide adequate Press coverage of all activities of the Agency and ensure prompt and detailed publicity of the Agency's policies and programmes.
- Monitor all public opinion and reactions to the Agency's plans, policies, projects, and achievements by reviewing and regularly analysing all local and foreign media reports, both electronic and print which concern or affects the Agency and ensuring that clippings are cut and preserved as future reference materials.
- Inform, educate, and enlighten all the different publics concerning the activities, actions, policies, and programmes of the Agency.
- Issue rejoinders, where the need arises, on any adverse publication on the activities of the Agency and attend to press enquiries.
- Organize and provide press coverage of familiarisation tours and facility visits.
- Carry out a post-campaign evaluation of the enlightenment programmes.
- Place in the mass media all advertisements, jingles, and announcements for the Agency.
- Liaise with the Federal Ministry of Information and related Government Agencies.